10 Habits of Successful People
1. Setting Goals: First things first. What do successful people do differently? They set Goals. We probably have never met a successful person who has not set goals in life. Setting goals are essential as without knowing a clear target to move forwards there are chances that you end up nowhere. If you don’t know where you are going you will end up at some place where you never wanted to be. If you are seeking success, then setting clear goals should be your number one priority. However, this clarity does not come so easily to many of us. Strat with defining what exactly you want, your “Ultimate Goal”. Break down them in a smaller set of mini-goals and what you require to get there. This activity will also help you to develop a path to reach that goal. And when you decide your goal, make them official by writing them down. Always define WHY you want to achieve this goal, as it gives the strength and purpose to it. So, when you hit that roadblock which you surely will, you already know the reason why you need to keep going.
2. Be Result Oriented: All the highly successful people are result-oriented. It is the ability to take up a job and get it done faster and better than others. You need to put aside your fear and focus on the ultimate result that you want to achieve.
3. Read A Lot: Reading is one of the key exercises for self-development. Be open to learn new things and develop your mind through books, online materials, and Reading is one of the favourite pass time of successful people. Most of us can’t sit alone for even 2 minutes without getting bored. Mark Cuban insists on reading at least 3 books a day. Most of them read for 1 hour before bedtime or when traveling. Reading opens you to the wisdom of the whole world for you. Read and listen to something which benefits your mind. If you are not a reader try audiobooks. You can take them anywhere.
4. Minimize Distraction: Technology is one of the greatest boons of current times. However, it is also the greatest distraction. When you are alone you choose to go through social media or search for meaningless funny videos on YouTube. Or else you leave all that and search for something which is beneficial for your future success and self-development. You can discipline yourself from these distractions if you have clear goals and purpose in your life.
5. Take Responsibility: Another key attribute of all the successful people is that they take responsibility for their life. Irrespective of the fact they have failed or succeeded they never shy away from it. They don’t blame situations or people for their failure. They don’t waste time sulking, they move on immediately.
6. Networking: Successful people while climbing up in life to make sure to develop a relationship with other successful people. They understand the importance of exchanging ideas. As per author Thomas Corley, 79% of successful people spend 5 hours a month networking.
7. Personal Care: Health consciousness is extremely important for people who want to gain success in life. Success should never be just about monetary gains. Only a healthy mind and body can take a superior decision.
8. Self Disciplined: Successful people who have managed to retain have been self-disciplined. Discipline is a trait of a strong personality which can be developed with consistency. Your ability to master self-discipline will develop you as a person. The habit of self-discipline goes along with success.
9. Be Honest: Since childhood, we are listening to the famous proverb, “Honesty is the Best Policy”. However, our bitter life experiences teach us otherwise. Still, you must believe that honesty and integrity go a long way. The character that you develop is more important than any other achievement in your life.
10. Sharing: Almost all the highly successful people have the name philanthropist attached to them. Giving back to the community who otherwise have no other medium to get support. Some of the most well-known successful philanthropists include Bill and Melinda Gates, Oprah Winfrey and Mark Zuckerberg. Start small volunteer at your favorite charity or in the community efforts. Keep inspiring and keep sharing.
Your ultimate purpose is to find life purpose. Identify how you can turn your passion into profit.